Saturday, October 27, 2012

No mo' mow?

We've been enjoying some "Indian summer" here this past week - high temps in the 70's. I took advantage of the warmth to lay out the hoses, the better to coil them up, my dear. Thursday evening I mowed the backyard, Friday evening the front (AND trimmed the front with my new electric trimmer). My hope is that these mowings will be the last of the season.

The dearth of birds has finally eased. A few robins have discovered the pokeberry, a female cardinal has joined the male, I hear blue jays in the trees, I see red wing blackbirds at the feeder, more finches too, AND I spotted a pair of cedar wax wings at the bird bath, first time I have ever seen them in my yard. Oh, and a titmouse. Can winter be far behind?

But first, we must finish with autumn.






1 comment:

  1. Hey, glad to hear from you. And I really like your Halloween flamingo!

    ReplyDelete