Sunday, October 21, 2012

This has been done for a while, too

I finished knitting this curtain panel on April 29, but it took me until September 29 to block it.


Yesterday I finally hung it in the kitchen window, to block the afternoon sun without blocking the view.


A-a-a-and it is too narrow. How did that happen?!?

Pattern: Bubbly Curtain, by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
Yarn: Louet Euroflax Sport Weight
Needles: US5
Modifications: I THOUGHT I was making it to fit my kitchen window, but apparently NOT.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I am going to do with this thing. I don't have enough yarn for a second panel (I know, I could buy more), but maybe I'll make the garter stitch borders wider? Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I think your idea of knitting more on the borders is a good solution. My sister once made a panel like that and then she stretched it onto a frame and gave it to my mother who hung it in a window -- on an angle. So it looked like a free-floating diamond in the window. I always thought I'd like to make one...maybe I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The panel is lovely. I thought the same thing as Pam J. - frame it and hang as art or without backing, hang from window frame.

    ReplyDelete