Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Moving inside

Long before the night temps dropped below freezing, I moved my Meyer lemon tree inside for the winter. All I need to do is remember to keep it well watered, which unfortunately is a challenge for me. I also moved the geranium in, but it is so pathetic looking, I did not photograph it.


After reading Margaret Roach's post about overwintering rosemary (new vocabulary word: etiolated), I am trying to keep mine outside as long as possible. Night temps are now reliably below freezing, so I throw a pillowcase over the plant every evening. So far, so good. I'm not sure what I will do once daytime temps drop as well.


At least it doesn't need much water now.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty lemons! I am very lucky to have, apparently, just the right soil and exposure for evergreen rosemary. Every rosemary plant I've planted in my garden, going back 26 years, is still alive. They bloom virtually every month of the year, they get very big but not obnoxiously so, and they require no attention at all. Perfect plant! In my yard at least.

    Good luck with your pillowcase experiment.

    ReplyDelete