Saturday, January 26, 2013

Finished, finished again, and finished once more

The assembling of this hooded sweater gave me fits, but I finally dogged it out one Sunday morning. It literally took hours to seam and weave in the ends. Then the garment seemed too short, so I added ribbing to the bottom. Then the cuffs seemed unmatchy, so I added some ribbing there as well. And then the hood itself looked unfinished, so I added a single crochet edging to that. And then I stopped. Finally.


Pattern: Hooded Sweater by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton DK, in 13019 colorway
Needles: US8 (and US7 for the ribbing and crochet hook G)
Modifications: Ribbing to bottom and cuffs, crocheted edging on hood

I try to get photos of my granddaughter actually wearing the sweaters I knit her, but she won't try them on at my house. When she gets home, though, she insists on wearing not just a sweater, but also her hat, scarf, and mittens.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome. I am glad I don't have the skills to make this. Otherwise my adult daughters would have me locked in a room knitting. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this sounds weird, but I love gray! It's so delicate and elegant, particularly when paired with feminine pastels.

    ReplyDelete