Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ribbed Jacket do-over

My daughter requested a second button for the Ribbed Jacket. A second button meant a second button hole. Once I started ripping back the ribbing, I just kept going. Then I added some ribbing around the bottom, to lengthen the sweater.


I'm still not completely happy with the corners, which are in reversed stockinette, but after I reknit the ribbing several times, I declared it good enough.


Finding buttons to match was another challenge. These bluish ones work only because they somewhat reflect the purple. And now I declare this sweater done, for a second time.

1 comment:

  1. Well it's very cute the second time, too!

    I keep forgetting to ask, would you like some starlight zinnia seeds? I harvested all the heads from last year & am hoping they'll grow from seed.

    ReplyDelete