Monday, January 7, 2013

This time we made it

As a participant in Holidailies, I actually posted every day during the month of December. I was able to do that only because I was off work for a good part of the month. I returned to work January 2 and am very sad about it.

BUT I really like receiving a paycheck every two weeks! And I really like the benefits, which are like none I know of. The latest benefit to be added to our package is (drum roll please) four weeks of paid leave after every ten years of service. This is above and beyond the usual paid holidays and vacation. They are not making this benefit retroactive, so having just passed my fifteenth anniversary, I have to work another five years to qualify. But still, I can't help but be a little excited about this.

I'm having a difficult time readjusting to the constraints working puts on my day-to-day life. I started xmas vacation with a laundry list of to-do items, most of which involved housework I neglect most of the time, most of which never got done. I did clean the garage and defrost the freezer, but otherwise I spent my days writing, reading, exercising, baking, cooking, cheesemaking, knitting, grandma-ing, road-tripping, shopping, watching movies and TV, garden planning, etc. Were I to retire tomorrow, I think I would manage very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment