Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hooded Pullover, warm and toasty

I finally finished the last of the seaming of the Vogue Hooded Pullover. Other than the deterioration of the instructions toward the end, I like this pattern, like the yarn choice (and it was on sale!), like the fit except for the hood, which is too generous. I did not like how deep the V-neck was, so after adding the single crochet edging, I stitched it up a bit. That part could look better, but I am done. And very tired of cables.



Pattern: Vihervaara huppari / GreenGable hoodie
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky, in Bay Harbor
Needles: US11
Modifications: see above



Ordinarily, I am not a fan of acrylic or acrylic blends, but LB's Wool-Ease yarns are warm and sturdy. And a relief to one's plastic compared to what one could be purchasing.



Yesterday I finally sewed up the armpits, the last little bit left to do, so I could wear it to a gathering of friends. Despite the full house, it was a bit chilly there, but I was quite comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love, love, love that sweater! I love hooded sweaters in general, and the color is gorgeous. The decoration is so tasteful--just enough to accent the sweater and give it shape, without overwhelming the style.

    ReplyDelete