Sunday, December 1, 2013

Under the spell

We came.


We knit.


She conquered.


Even though it is really hard to tell from this photo (my next phone will have a better camera), that is the Yarn Harlot. She came to Fort Wayne, sponsored appropriately by Simply Socks.

The talk she gave was extremely entertaining, if a bit earnest (she cares how the world views knitting and knitters - when she gets to be my age, she probably will not anymore). Even better were the off-the-cuff stories she told during the Q&A, some poignant, but most hilarious. I had to put down my knitting because I literally laughed so hard I cried. She also told us some secrets which I won't reveal here - you will have to follow her blog to learn them. We have a secret from *her*, though, which I also will not reveal. Yet.

I did not hang around for the meet-and-greet because I will be participating in two classes she is teaching before she wings back to Toronto. More on that in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. The Yarn Harlot? Wow. And I thought I was fanatical about gardening.

    ReplyDelete