Monday, May 5, 2014

I fired my carpet cleaners

With the master bedroom completely devoid of furniture and plans to rearrange the furniture when replacing it, I decided it was a good time to have the carpet professionally cleaned. I have used the same carpet cleaners for 20 years, and usually they leave the carpets all bright and shiny. The last couple of times, however, I was not impressed with the results, including this most recent one. Bah.

It used to make sense for me to hire someone to clean the carpets. For about $100, they would swoop in and steam clean all the rooms in about an hour. Also, the last time I cleaned my own carpets (in a previous lifetime), it was quite the ordeal, especially trying to rinse the soap out. Ugh.

Now it costs a lot more and they are not doing a very good job. I looked into purchasing a carpet cleaner of my very own, but it made more financial sense to rent one, which I did last night: a Rug Doctor from Home Depot. Lo and behold, it was simple as pie to use AND there was no rinsing step. Hallelujah.

The carpet in the bedroom looks better now; it may be too old to ever look new again. But what really amazed me was the amount of filth the good Doctor pulled out of the carpet. Immediately after a professional cleaning job. That cost me over twice what the rental did. Huh.

So good-bye, professional carpet cleaners. Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is good to know--we haven't cleaned the carpets upstairs since we moved in, and I'd been putting it off because cleaners are so hit or miss. But there is a Home Depot down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this information. Please keep up the great work. I will be coming back lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ولاننا افضل شركة تنظيف بيوت بجدة وباستخدام احدث وافضل معدات التنظيف الحديثة مع اسعار مناسبة جدا لكافة العملاء حيث نقدم في شركة ركن نجد كافة خدمات التنظيف الداخلي والخارجي للمنازل سواء الجديدة أو المستعملة او المجددة وتشمل أعمالنا تنظيف الشقق الفلل – الخزانات – المجالس كالتالي: 
    تنظيف منازل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض
    شركات تنظيف الكنب بالرياض
    تنظيف كنب بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة فارس الخليج
    افضل شركة خدمات منزلية بالمملكة العربية السعودية
    شركة فارس الخليج شركة رسمة ذات ثقة
    تتميز شركتنا بامتلاك افضل طاقم عمل لاداء الخدمات المنزلية
    نستخدم افضل الاجهزة الموجودة.
    شركه تنظيف بعنيزة
    شركه تنظيف ببريدة
    شركه رش مبيدات ببريدة
    شركه تنظيف خزانات ببريدة
    افضل شركه رش مبيدات ببريدة

    ReplyDelete