Thursday, August 21, 2014

Remodel on pause

The current status of the remodeling project is thus:
  • A new backsplash for the vanity top had to be ordered, as the current one is 5/8 of an inch too short, leaving what looks like a gaping hole in the corner where the backsplash meets the sidesplash. I knew there was an issue and the plumber guys had a plan, a work-around that in retrospect I would have been unhappy with. Fortunately, the guy working on the bathroom forgot the plan.
  • The flooring by the front door has yet to be installed. I called the PM about the flooring and was told it had been ordered. How did they know how much to order since no one had been by to measure the area? I asked. She didn't know - magic, I guess. A few days later, the flooring subcontractor showed up to actually measure, so I'm betting nothing had been ordered.
And that is IT. The painting is done, the fixtures in place, everything works. I'm having a hard time believing it is basically over. The backsplash and flooring installs will occur in a couple of weeks, followed by a bit of touch up by the painters. Then I will fork over the rest of the money, lock the door and draw the drapes. Mi casa es mi casa, una vez más.

Re the deck, I still have not made up my mind between Vendor Number One and Vendor Number Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment