Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mixed feelings

Yesterday the pets and I spent a lot of time in the backyard. Nary a bunny was in sight. So later that evening, when Finn wanted to go out for his after dark wander, I let him. After a while, I turned on the patio light to check on him. No Finn but there was a baby bunny. I scared him back under the porch from whence he came and turned off the light - the better to not be seen. Finn came in about an hour later and was acting exceptionally happy. This morning I found out why - one dead baby bunny in a patio bed. I'm sorry for the bunny, but I also spent a fair amount of time yesterday rabbit-proofing my garden. If Finn helps in that endeavor, I would not be all that unhappy. When I lived in the county, my garden was unprotected and I never had a problen with rabbits or deer, but we had outdoor cats and a dog. There is a reason we domesticated these animals and it was not so we would have the pleasure of picking up their poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment